If you are experiencing brain fog and other symptoms of depersonalization, you might be suffering from a mild case of Adrenal Fatigue.
The following is a list of symptoms associated with Adrenal Fatigue that might interfere with your life.
Brain fog and feelings of disconnection and unreality.
Moodiness, Anger and Emotional Reactions. Irritable, Easily angered, Lash out.
Wired and Tired, Fatigue, Exhaustion, Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.
Lack of interest and motivation.
Change in weight (loss or gain)
Salt and Sweet Cravings
Depression or Flattened Emotions.
Low Body Temperature
Hair thinning or loss
Low Blood sugar
Morning anxiety, stomach upset and uneasiness. Often increased energy in evening, only to recede in morning hours.
It’s important to take a look at the triggers of these symptoms, in order to correct them. The following is a list of triggers.
– Poor Diet and Nutrition
– Erratic Sleep Habits
– Habit of Worry
– Over use of caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
– Strenuous dieting, exercising and working, with a strong sense of overachieving
– Fearful Thinking.
– Analytical Personality.
Simple Solutions for Adrenal Fatigue
– Change eating habits: More lean proteins, good fats, whole grains and healthy fruits and vegetables.
Eat breakfast within 30 minutes after rising in the morning. Never skip meals. Avoid sugars and high glycemic foods. Use small quantities of Sea Salt. Eating well helps repair the over-taxed adrenals.
– Invest in a good B Complex Vitamin, along with Vitamin C and Zinc.
– Exercise (preferably outdoors) in moderation.
– De-Stress by limiting time spent watching the news, speaking to stressful individuals and playing stressful video games. Yes, video games are high stressors, especially when one loses.
– Focus on the things that are pleasant and feed the mind, without creating conflict and frustration.
– Use music therapy by listening and enjoying any type of music that brings forth appreciation and joy.
– Lose yourself in physical sports, activity, socialization and music, in a relaxed and gratifying manner.
– Indulge in a simple meditation technique to relax muscles and quiet the mind.
– Sunbathe early in the day taking the proper precautions for skin and eyes.
– Keep your sense of humor and surround yourself with others who take life lightly and enjoy the simple things.
– Avoid conflict by quickly solving any issues that are disrupting your life. Try not to linger over disputes. Settle and move on.
– Watch Your ANGER: Always choose to live your life with a sense of fun, ease and calm rather than ride the wave of anger. Anger can become habit forming and strongly affects your adrenals.
– Practice letting of “what if” thinking.
– Learn to retrain the brain as you substitute fearful thought with positive and interesting ideas.
– Let go of the habit of fear as you involve yourself in the more positive side of life.
– Give up being right and learn to avoid unnecessary arguments. Life will become much more pleasant.
Bottom line, make choices in your life that immediately remove stress. This will allow your adrenals to recharge and help the mind and body to refresh. It’s as simple as learning how to self nurture. Once you begin using the above techniques, you will find life becomes easier. You will become alert and more vigorous once again without even trying. The body is waiting to recharge itself, and will do so as soon as you learn to move out of your own way and treat it properly. Once you begin, you’ll find that this natural approach is more rapid than you expected. You’ll want to continue, because feeling well is well worth the effort.